“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Friday 30 December 2011

Dublin

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all celebrate it in style.

I've had a great time in Dublin so far, we arrived at 8am on the 20th and it was pitch black - the weirdest thing! I have been staying with Claire's family and they have looked after Talia and I so well and I am so grateful that I got to spend Christmas with them as they spoilt us like mad.

We met up with Phil on Christmas Eve and had a few drinks with his mum and then went to his local pub. It was very merry and the Christmas spirit was in full force.


Myself, Tal and Philly

Christmas was great. Unfortunately there has been no snow here yet so I was not to experience a 'white' christmas! But it was certainly chilly compared to the 26deg back at home - it was perhaps 10 at max.

We woke up to stockings absolutely brimming with presents - and our names on them too! It was very exciting - I love christmas!


After managing to pack all my  stuff into one suitcase and to the absolute 23kg max limit, I think I will be wearing many layers on my flights to take all my stuff around!

We went around with the Slevin family visiting all their relatives and doing sambuca shots after breakfast. I'm definitely in Ireland. It was awesome.

We went back to Claire's house for christmas dinner at around 6pm. It was delicious and had all the trimmings. Tal and I added a downunder touch by making dessert - bread and butter pudding and a kiwi pavlova! I have done the pavlova to death now, Mum's never fail recipe is certainly not failing.

Boxing day here is called St. Stephensons day and we spent it at the races. There were unfortunately no winnings :( . Everyone was dressed up to the nines - they love fake tan here and the more orange you are the better! I felt very, very pale. After the races, we went with Phil to his friends house for a few drinks and then to a "pub". This was more of a tropical inspired nightclub than any pub I have ever been in haha, I did enjoy the lightup dancefloor and the DJ even gave me a shout out thanks to Talia telling him it was my birthday haha. Guys! How could you forget I was born on Dec 26! May 30? Never.






Lol.

On the 29th it was Phil's 21st birthday party so Simone arrived from Denmark and Fiona from Scotland and Aidan came down from Mognahan. It was fab to have some of our exchange crew from CH all together again for who knows how long!! It was sad not having our entire group there, but we were thinking of ya'll! It was a very messy night and we stumbled in the door around 7:30am. It was still pitch black outside however, the sun definitely does not rise early here!





So as it is 2012 tomorrow, I thought I would sum up my 2011 a little! I have had the most wonderful adventures of my life and have met so many amazing people that I just can't imagine living without. The title of my blog is certainly true - I have had so many adventures and I can't wait to keep having more and more. I have no regrets and my only resolution is to keep travelling! I have caught the bug and the world is my oyster :) .

January 2nd sees Simone and I travelling to Copenhagen then I'm heading down to Spain by myself to do a tour for two weeks on the 6th where I will meet up with the beautiful Virginia and Julia. Wish you were there too Fatima!!

Hope you all ring in the new year with happiness.

Only 1 month until I am back in NZ - am unsure how I feel about this.

And here ends the blog for 2011! Bring on 2012.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment