“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Monday 5 September 2011

I'm Alive!

Hey Everyone!

I survived Hurricane Irene (as you may have seen in the Southland Times hahah) and have been having so much fun here in Chapel Hill.

So what has been going on?

A lot of drinking to say the least... it's just like being back at Arana in first year all over again haha there is a continual flow of alcohol all the time because everything is so cheap here.

    
All for $80
 Our nights have been hilarious I've met some of the coolest people from all over the world.

I had to go to the local farmers market for an assignment the other day - it was really nice to be able to see some fresh veggies and eat some bread that wasn't full of sugar! Here is proof that I actually got up early enough to attend....



We had our first football game the other day, it was so much fun! We played some cornhaul and stuff at Granville then made our merry way down to the stadium! The stadium is huge!!! Bigger than the Roaring Pen or whatever it is called now. Everyone's families and friends come to watch the game - they are so patriotic about their home teams here. There are shops everywhere and you can buy tar heel anything! - salt and pepper shakers, undies, socks, toothbrushes - you name it and it's probably in carolina blue.



I'm not too sure if these photos are going to work or not but let's hope you can see what I have put up.

Bit of some scary news... Brad from my floor got beaten up at the ATM the other night - which is scary because it is 100m from Granville and in a well lit place. They took his wallet and he had to go to hospital and get stitches but the lovely Amanda and Talia went and picked him up and looked after him. He's a tough cookie and will be fine though. I'm definitely in America now....... sometimes I miss how chilled out NZ is but I'm not homesick at all :) .

I'll leave you with an epic picture of American Frat styles.....





No words. Just pure brilliance.






No comments:

Post a Comment